Once insiders buy or sell a stock, it reflects their optimism or pessimism about the company’s performance. Investors and traders who are interested in penny stocks should take this into account when making their investment or trading decisions.
Here’s a look at a few recent prominent penny stock insider trades.
- The Transaction: Director Charles Watts of Biodesix, Inc. purchased a total of 5855 shares at an average price of $4.29. It cost $25,132.00 to purchase these shares.
- What’s going on: Biodesix filed for a $50 million common stock shelf offering, according to the filing.
- Industry: Biodesix Inc is a provider of data-driven diagnostic solutions. Its AI-powered platform aids in the discovery, development, and commercialization of solutions for clinical unmet needs, with a specialty on lung disease.
- The Transaction: Director Michael Hexner of Heritage Global Inc. purchased a total of 17361 shares at an average price of $1.44. It cost $24,999.84 to purchase these shares.
- What’s going on: Last month, the company released disappointing quarterly results.
- Industry: Heritage Global Inc is a financial services company that provides a variety of services. For surplus and troubled assets, the firm offers acquisition, disposition, appraisal, and finance services.
Emmaus Life Sciences
- The Transaction: Yutaka Niihara, Chairman and CEO of Emmaus Life Sciences, Inc., purchased a total of 10650 shares at an average price of $1.50. These shares were purchased for $15,928.50 by an insider.
- What’s going on: The company’s stock has increased by more than 17% in the last month.
- Industry: Emmaus Life Sciences Inc is a biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the research, development, and commercialization of innovative medications and cures, primarily for rare and orphan illnesses.
- The Transaction: John D Gibbs, a 10% owner of Athena Gold Corporation, purchased a total of 1496942 shares at an average price of $0.02 per share. These shares were purchased for $31,435.78 by an insider.
- What’s going on: In November, Athena Gold announced a modification to its option agreement with Nubian Resources Ltd.
Functions: Athena Gold Corp focuses on precious metals exploration and development in the Western United States. Its primary holdings are 36 unpatented claims totaling over 720 acres in San Bernardino County, California’s Historic Calico Mining District.