If you’re looking for a way to get your hands on U.S. dollars without having to go through the hassle of opening up a foreign currency account, look no further than the Zenith Bank dollar card.
This card can be used at any MasterCard outlet around the world where MasterCard cards are accepted, and it also comes with some added benefits that make it one of the best ways to get hold of the greenback in Nigeria.
What is the Zenith Bank Dollar Card?
The Zenith Bank Dollar Card is a prepaid international forex card that allows you to make purchases, withdraw money and pay bills in United States Dollars (USD).
The card is designed for use by Nigerian residents who frequently travel outside Nigeria, who make frequent International web transactions, or those who have relatives abroad and need to send them money occasionally.
The Zenith Bank dollar card is a prepaid MasterCard that allows you to load money on it and then use it anywhere MasterCard is accepted.
The card comes in handy when you need to pay for something in the United States, Canada, or anywhere else you require to make payments using the US dollar.
This is because the dollar is much higher than the Nigerian Naira (NGN). You can also use it to withdraw cash from an ATM paying dollars outside Nigeria.
If you want to buy anything that costs more than $3000, then this is the only way you can pay for it without having your account frozen by your bank back home.
How to Get Zenith Bank Dollar Card
Zenith Bank dollar cards are available to any individual who is a resident of Nigeria and has a national identity card. You can apply for your Zenith Bank dollar card at any branch of the bank or online by following these simple steps:
- Visit zenithbank.com and click “Apply now” on the page where you are asked to apply for your Zenith bank dollar card.
- Fill out the form with your details, including your name, email address, phone number, and country of residence (Nigeria). Before proceeding further, the website will ask you to confirm that you have read and understood Zenith Bank’s policy on security matters.
- You will also be required to upload copies of three identification documents that must be recent from any of these: passport, driver’s license; voter’s card; birth certificate; driving license (international).
- The address at which you want your card sent when it is printed.
- Once your card arrives, it’s easy to activate by calling a customer service representative or visiting a branch. You can use it right away to make purchases at stores or withdraw cash from ATMs worldwide.
- You can also use it to pay bills and send money to friends and family members who live abroad.
- If you visit a Zenith Bank branch, you will need to provide the exact documents you would be required to present when applying for the card online.
You Can Reload the Card
You can reload your Dollar Card using any of the following options:
- With other currency cards/bank accounts at the exchange rate prevailing in Nigeria.
- With any Zenith Account.
- At ATMs within Nigeria (with a minimum withdrawal limit of $200).
Limit of the Zenith Bank Dollar Card
Although there is no limit on how many times you can reload your card, you must ensure that the amount deposited in your account does not breach its daily withdrawal limit.
There is a limit on how much you can transfer from your Naira account to the Dollar Card Account daily.
There is a limit on how much you can transfer from your Naira account to the Dollar Card Account daily. The limit is $10,000. The Zenith Bank Dollar card has a spending limit of around $10,000 daily.
The limit is per day, per month, and a year respectively. You cannot transfer more than $10,000 within 24 hours. If this limit has been reached, it will be rejected, and the transaction will not go through.
There are also lifetime limits which are usually applied depending on what type of account one has with Zenith Bank Nigeria Limited (ZB), such as a current/savings account (N50 Million) or business account (N200 Million), corporate accounts, etc.)
Often the limit on your account will be based on how much money you deposit into your account when applying for the dollar card.
To get a Zenith Bank dollar card, you must apply for it. The bank will then contact you to verify your information before approval. Once approved, you will receive an email notification with instructions on activating your card and starting using it immediately.